For my end of the year blog post I wanted to list out ups and downs of the year pertaining to me. Events that were and events that were not so good. It has been one of the craziest years of my adult life so far and I am ready to start 2017, so here go!
- Started the year off in financial trouble
- Suffered a tension headache for over a month
- Didn't get chosen by Apple to use one of my photos.
- Not getting freelance work.
- Had to cancel my trip to Medellin, Colombia.
- Started a labor job that I wasn't too happy about.
- Questioned my purpose in life for a couple months.
- Started another job at print shop, quit after a week.
- Unemployed for almost two months.
- Went to multiple job interviews and didn't get any of them.
- Started the year off self-employed, doing what I love.
- Learned more about myself
- Tension headaches went away.
- Got to travel to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia with my wife.
- Apple contacted me to possibly buy one of my photos.
- I won a $1000 Scholarship based off my portfolio to attend a workshop in Medellin, Colombia.
- I got to photograph a handful of events and portraits.
- Traveled to New York City for the first time with my wife.
- Documented a non-profit skateboarding outreach block party in the Bronx, New York.
- Got super fit from working the labor job, learned a new skill.
- Realized new purpose in life and new skills to learn.
- Started going back to school to learn web developing.
- Bought a brand new Macbook Pro.
- Started a new job as the Creative Director and Graphic Designer at a startup magazine.
- Have been blessed by friends and family during hard financial times.
By the end of this year, there is one thing I have learned and that is we have a "God of every moment". No matter the downs you're going through, there is always the upside happening. Sometimes it just takes you a while before you can look back and see where you have come and that God was there in every moment.